Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mews the cat :3

So, I have been sharing a little more lately, more about my life... more about my art... more about my process. What I haven't shared with you, however, is my newest roommate. Mews the cat.


(Photo cred: Tammy Trinh. THANKS :)


I am trying to think of different entry themes... I have "Starving Artist" but haven't found a way to be completely open about everything without offending certain people... I would write about working in retail, since it is a constant inspiration (cue an older woman in the fitting room who has me come look at her dress... it turns out she has selected a see-thru number and has decided to wear no bra... or panties. HELLO VAGINA! She had to be in her early 50s.....) DING DING DING!! GOLD!! ...but unfortunately I have been too open about where I work and don't want to put the store on blast. (Love 'em!!)


So, I thought I should start blogging about my cat. Finish off my lesbian status...





MEWS BACK STORY:

I randomly met Mews when I was visiting my friend Jessica... I think I was modeling for her store GeorgeLoves... or George the kitty... (cats! I can't escape them!!) Jessica lived with Nathan, an old co-worker of mine.... turns out, Mews was owned by another ex-coworker... Angela... Angela and I didn't fall in love until we ran into eachother at an Amy Sedaris book signing... then we realized eachothers status.


A few months ago she informed me she was moving and had to get rid of him... under most circumstances I would have said no... I live in a tiny apartment... and can hardly afford to feed myself... also, I have one window!! O_O





She offered to help me get started by giving me some food and litter... I had met him and liked him from the start... he has some class... but I now know he's a diva. And... I'm ok with that ;)


His name was something else before... but I felt like, he was such a big part of my life that I needed something special just for him... I didn't know what to call him... so many names came up but none of them seemed to fit. Then, I was comissioned to paint something for a friend (photos soon) and he would just lay around my apartment.


I would be listening to my favorite music... doing something I love to do... and here he is laying in the cutest poses... waking up and coily covering half of his face....


I decided since he was my new muse, I should call him Mews :3
I am working on a comic book series (still in the early writing stages) about a cat's 9 lives... based on my friend Elyse's cat Klause... but Mews is my inspiration... I will eventually start sketching him when I have more time... also, he will appear in the comic I'm working on with Bobby... we are still in the early stages of that also...
So here he is... my little diva... my little Mews... I will start talking about him more




<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment