Saturday, February 5, 2011

Something that moves you...

As a comic book artist we are given many tools to achieve our goal. We want to take what is written and enhance it. We want to match it or make it clash with what is being said.... we want to help convey emotion, action, time passing.... we are given many tools; lines, shapes, colors. But unlike Television, Film, and Cartoon we are not given one very important tool... music.


Any scene in a film (aside from silent ones, of course) wouldn't be the same without the music in them...


So, my theory recently was that... I listen to music I love and try and infuse that emotion into my images... Music really moves me... in every way. And I hope that it is conveyed in my work...


I just added a playlist to my blog (it's on the side or at the bottom...depending on what mood it's in) These are a few of the songs that have been inspiring me and playing on repeat lately... I will update it as I go...





Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


-D

No comments:

Post a Comment