Monday, February 21, 2011

Body Gallery

I was really considering a bjork tattoo for a long time, I've been really into her since I was 11 so I figured I would never get tired of it... plus, I feel like I owe her something for inspiring me so much and helping me stay on my path and pursue the things I've needed to pursue. I don't know what lyric to get, or where yet or a picture perhaps?... so I'm waiting til the right thing comes along :) (I have a few thousand ideas)

Tattoos are interesting... your body tells the story of the life that was lived in it... whether through aging, body type, skin condition (your genes/how well you've taken care of yourself/where you've lived)... Everything comes together to create you, tattoos can be a really big part of that too... I've heard stories of several women who have survived breast cancer but had to have either one or both of their breasts removed. They get a huge chest piece just to show how much they have been through. Putting artwork permanently on your body is a huge deal... you have to pick something that is timeless to you (don't want to have a tribal arm band, or lower back tattoo... nothing too faddy)... something you will always love. It's like being an art collector but you are the gallery. What you have displays your taste and interest... so it's something to definitely be thought of in depth!

I finally have decided what my next tattoo will be... not sure when I'll get it though...

Time to start investing in my body gallery.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment