Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Banner








I had this idea a while back... Originally it was just going to be 3 or 4 really grotesque women, but then I decided to use the Space Girl I had already kind of sketched out... then I thought about sticking with a Space theme... but didn't like the other characters... so I thought I might as well incorporate different story elements I like... what came out was a sort of Feminist Progression...
The prostitute represents a woman who isn't even aware of the fact she is working for the man. She has no self worth and is selling her whole body, giving everything she has just so she can eventually overdose on drugs and end her tragic life...
Next we have a woman who has been thrown into a zombie infestion. She isn't a violent person normally, but when faced with this grave (pun) situation she chooses to fight til her last breath.
Lastly, we have the Space Lady... although she is your typical 36-26-36, she doesn't let men take advantage of her. She is aware and strong... and is suppose to represent a woman taking power back and doing what she wants and needs.
I'm not thrilled with the sizing... I wanted it much bigger... but it wouldn't fit... so I had to resize/post it a few times...
I might post each individual woman... so you get all the details :)
I hope you enjoy!!
Thanks guys!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Awesome! How'd you color them in, PS? Love the photo-background as well, yay new banner is so cool wooooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Yeah, Photoshop!! It's been a much quicker process!! No wonder people have been doing this for years!! haha

    ReplyDelete