Saturday, April 17, 2010

Old stuff

Here is some random older stuff I've done... most of it is around 2003-2004 ... I was looking through old stuff to post on here but most of it is comic related and I don't want to post it until it is all ready to put out there...

This is a comic I started about 3 random roommates because I wanted to focus more on color and visual stuff rather than storyline... the story consists of random dialogue and situations, and when I got further in it just seemed like they are all on drugs... hahah... I might rework some of this and use it again in the future...


Here is one of the pages (2004ish)

This was actually done in 2005


NERD ALERT!! This was 2003 when I was still drawing a lot of anime... I made up this vampire character named Adrian and drew about a million pictures of her... haha




I feel like Anime gets a bad rap... I guess it's because too many creepy nerds are into it, but there are a lot of really amazing films and series... (Evangelion for example) Anime has pushed the envelope for decades longer than Western Animation... Now is a great time for American cartoons... people are finally just saying "That show" (when referring to South Park or Family Guy) rather than "That cartoon"

Manga has taught me a lot about storytelling... East vs. West... taking more time to develop characters, show landscapes... they are usually more poetic and romantic, or emotionally driven and aren't afraid to be violent or sexual...




No comments:

Post a Comment