Monday, April 5, 2010

I need to start posting stuff...

Although very few people will probably check this out... I need to upload some of my stuff... I've never really posted any of my drawings, for whatever reason... So, here they is!!

This is a series of wall drawings I've done for a store in Little Tokyo (Downtown Los Angeles) called KIMSKImakes... I'm used to working with smaller scale stuff... so this was a challenge from the start... I also never use chalk or anything that smears because I'm left handed... I prefer to use something solid like ink and colored pencils. This is also my only public work really... most of my stuff stays hidden away in my lair... I wouldn't say it's my best work... but I definitely enjoyed sketching on the wall... and am very lucky to have a whole wall to express myself with...

"It's your choice" or "What will you decide?" Text by Nanae Nishikawa

The hero(ine) comes to save the day...


Rough translation "What will you choose? Live OR Die! Shop at Kimski"

Here is a size reference... (and a cheap cameo excuse)

Since these are in Little Tokyo all of the Kimski themes have more of an anime influence... I would say there is always a bit of that in my work, but I usually do more of a western cartoon style mixed in... and I usually go for more grotesque characters..

I actually was able to explore a lot of scenarios I never had on paper... I have always loved robots, space suits, marionettes etc... so I tried doing things I had never done before... it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment