Monday, January 17, 2011

Envira Part II VideoBlog




The Creator of Envira! from Monica Schrock on Vimeo.


Sat down with "Monica herself" Hehe, to talk about Envira a few days ago... and this is the result. We tried to keep it short and sweet so I wanted to talk a little bit more about the Envira process... for those readers out there... here's a little more juice on making Envira come to your Computer screens weekly... Enjoy...

Like I said in the video I am working on Part III right now (about to finish inking it) I had the whole story roughly fleshed out beforehand and then started working on the promo art... I wanted to try and have this one finished quicker, but I have been pretty busy lately. I am a week ahead though so that is good... right now I just added a third page to Part III and am deciding on how the final dialogue should go...

It's tricky getting the dialogue down... I am writing different layers... Toxa and her back story and motives... Envira and how all the events are effecting her... side characters... overall story arc... although it is a mini comic and only pages it takes some time to get everything fleshed out. Then before I send it to Monica I have to make sure the dialogue flows through the whole story... and that the plot moves along at a good speed... I've added more pages to this one... the first Series I think was only 11 pages... this one might be 15 or so... :)

What you can expect to see from this Series is more of Envira outside of Green Crimefighting and a few people from her past... (as you see already in Part I) A lot of crazy shit happens to Envira in this story overall... and I can't wait to hear what people think... also, I'm excited to work on the 3rd Installment... I already have a lot of the story fleshed out in my head...

After Envira Returns is finished I will begin working on a comic that I've wanted to do for several years... inspired when I was driving in Texas (2 things that are far in my past)... haha. "Wanita the Wheelchair Witch" A story about a witch that is so bitchy and annoying she is kicked out of her coven and cursed to live with humans, has her powers taken away, and is physically crippled (in hopes that her new dependence on people around her will soften her heart) She can only be let back into her coven when she has learned to live harmoniously with others. I'm excited to start on that... also in the works are a few side projects, one with my friend Bobby that I'm really excited about and another with my friend Marcos. I can't wait to work on some more collaborative efforts this year... it is fun to take an idea on your own and mold it into a finished product... but there is a different kind of energy with a collaborative work... when you are on the right page with someone it is so much fun working with them... you end up taking the idea in directions that you might not have on your own.

Thanks for watching the video, and/or reading this .... don't forget to check out Envira: Part II posting... in hours... Monday January 17th.... only on:

http://lowimpactbetty.com

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment