Monday, December 6, 2010

Living in Los Angeles...

The longer I live in Los Angeles the more I realize why I moved here in the first place... the more connected I get, the more grounded, rooted...

I love this city... I love all the little areas around it... all the life, the possibility... living here helps me stay in the moment, keeps me inspired.

They film movies in California for a reason... it's beautiful here... no wonder artists are inspired and want shots of specific locations... this is where life happens... your most happy and exciting moments, and also the worst, the saddest and most difficult.

I'm working on a comissioned painting for a friend... I am not only thrilled to have a paying gig (Thank you Monica) but I'm excited to be working on a piece about a strong woman... I will post pictures later on when it is finished...

I took the Gold line today to borrow an easil from a friend (Thanks Roxanne!!) The way up was gorgeous... the sun low in the sky bathing everything in just the right amount of sunlight... all the industrial areas, the suburbs, the greenery, the life... you can really get a sense of all the history in this place when you travel around more... so many people move here for different reasons but it's a really beautiful place to be...

Thank you Los Angeles, for being such a beautiful and inspiring city... thank you for shaping me, pushing me, challenging me... and helping me thrive as a person and as an artist. I will never forget this city.


<3


No comments:

Post a Comment