Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mismatched Miscreants 10 Year Anniversary

New Cast Photo "D.Iley 2012/2013"

2013 marks the 10 Year Anniversary of "The Mismatched Miscreants". A comic series I started with good friend and Co-Creator/Writer Alex Blain back in High School. This is also the first time in ten years I have ever posted anything online about them.

So far we have about 16 issues (12 or more are fully completed with several more planned) All hand drawn and colored by yours truly (colored pencil/Sharpie)

This is the series that taught me how to write, develop characters and get comfortable designing and fleshing out stories. These characters (along with a cast of about 40 others) were the ones that finally stuck with me and kept me interested enough to keep working on them.

I had never really planned to publish them but after all the work that has been done I would love to get them out there. It might be some of my best writing to date, but also some of the most explicit and offensive stuff I've ever done. I feel like it could really find it's home in media today. (also... would love to animate it into a series some day...) but first things first... printing.

So... if you want to donate vast sums of money... I will print print away ;) I kid... but I am really excited to get them out there in the not so distant future.

More details soon...

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment